How did you like your MCO?

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
67GP
MB Janitor

Post by 67GP » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:45 am

AHH redlight yes times were well nuts it was what a few months after 9/11 i used MCO to get away from the TV. I had a black 32 from the car dealer with a 390 ford big block. I loved the BB because when you had to make the turn around the front end would stay planted and the ass of the car would spin right around. Good ol'days, now with gas prices the way they are i wish MCO was still around, because i own a 2005 dodge ram 2500 so i goto work and back and thats it.

67GP crossRoads

SkarTisu
Administrator

Post by SkarTisu » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:29 am

I had the most fun up until it took rare tires to set fast times at Goose. I think the tires in question were 375 Yokohamas.

Anyway, I also had a blast running the SCCA tournament I mentioned before.

I felt a huge sense of accomplishment when I finally tamed Skoggit and beat INTRUDER there.

It was great to be part of the first club sweep of Crossroads turfs.

Man....LOTS of great times!

P.S. Brian drives slow :mrgreen:

67GP
MB Janitor

Post by 67GP » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:54 am

damn straight, skar what club where you in?

SkarTisu
Administrator

Post by SkarTisu » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:17 am

Let's see....I was in a bunch of them, and I don't remember them all....

I was in HC on CCA to start. That club disbanded, and I eventually landed in GoodWrench Runners. Then that club disbanded....LOL

On Crossroads, I was in whatever became of the Detroit Lubricators. I forget the name of it at the time. That was the true All-Star Club of the server. About 20 guys who could all slam hyper fast times on every turf. I took all I had just to make times that would contribute to the turf scores for the week.

That group also had a sister club on Uptown. Same story over there.

I didn't join any clubs on Midtown that I recall. I was trying to be anonymous over there and just drive.

Rod Street
MB Janitor

Post by Rod Street » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:33 am

Skar, which club were we in when we swept Xroads?

Sesame Street Muscle wasn't it?

I was also a member of Klinksters club at one point whatever that was called, as well as Road Kill Inc. of course.

Can anyone remember what my first club was called? Z28 should remember, I'm sure we went through exactly the same clubs.

Wonder what happened to Docmhz, used to chat to him a lot?

SkarTisu
Administrator

Post by SkarTisu » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:46 am

YES! It was Sesame Street Muscle! I remember it disbanding and reforming as something to do with "zoo".

I never did get to know Doc....I'd just started talking to Clueless near the end of the game. He was hilarious. I have his IM ids, but I never see him signed on.

67GP
MB Janitor

Post by 67GP » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:06 am

anyone remember American Steel on CrossRoads

Rod Street
MB Janitor

Post by Rod Street » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:17 am

I remember we were talking of starting a superclub to do the clean sweep as RKI was starting to fill with hangers on.

I remember a few people arguing over names then the next thing I know Z28SSC had setup Sesame Street Muscle and the other club never got going. Can't remember who was setting it up though or what it was to be called.

I wish I could remember what Klinks club was called.

GOT IT. Complete Control, previously teamed with another club, Control squad? They split taking part of the name and starting two clubs.

SkarTisu
Administrator

Post by SkarTisu » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:12 pm

That explains why that club was so strong then. SSM was crazy. I'm honored you guys asked me to join it. :)

Mad Max
MB Janitor

Post by Mad Max » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:28 pm

I liked when the game first started. 57ENS AND NO HP. I ran dirt track forever trying to level up. :lol:

Calabrio
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Calabrio » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:31 pm

I proudly wore the HOTDOG on my Midtown cars... so, there! That's where all the cool people were.

Satchmo
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Satchmo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:07 pm

Then how'd you get in? 8-)

Calabrio
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Calabrio » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:09 pm

I had pictures of BigBen with a sheep.

BigBen
Majic Bus GOD

Post by BigBen » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:12 pm

Calabrio wrote:I had pictures of BigBen with a sheep.
Yeah, and he used them to blackmail the sheep...... :mrgreen:

~Ben

Satchmo
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Satchmo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:23 pm

I thought EVERYONE had pictures of BigBen with sheep?

Zen
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Zen » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:21 pm

Most fun???

Hard to say, I had a blast with the guys from HSW in beta and on Uptown,, Turfing every week was fun for a long time for me.

I had a blast racing with the guys from the club just for fun, and racign with the guys from Brew crew.

I got burnt out being an Officer in HSW, which eventually led me to leaving the club after some changes in leadership.

Started to enjoy the game again with the guys in Zoo,, and got dragged back into turfing :-P Damn you Crued Sean Damn you to hell for that :mrgreen:

Overall though I have to say that i looked forward to the times i logged in, more so at the end since I could pretty much find a race whenever i wanted it on the servers i was "known" on. And really had a lot of fun whooping people on the server i was running under an assumed name, till it got out who I was.

I'll never forget being a part of the first club to take all turfs on a server, beating Skar at MCC and having him get all excited cause " he found some competition" Racing with Hootie and MarkAT in 32's before it became fashionable to run them. Racing people in the beggining and the reactons i got when i told them i was not running a 327 but a 340..... so many memories. :-|

Ohhhh how could i forget running the Nova City Classic. Hard work but rewarding in the end.

Mr_Slabi

Post by Mr_Slabi » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:12 pm

MCO Thunder Radio, and friday night duster races on Midtown were my hightlights.

FlAwLeSS
MB Senior Member

Post by FlAwLeSS » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:01 pm

Rod Street wrote:I remember we were talking of starting a superclub to do the clean sweep as RKI was starting to fill with hangers on.

I remember a few people arguing over names then the next thing I know Z28SSC had setup Sesame Street Muscle and the other club never got going. Can't remember who was setting it up though or what it was to be called.

I wish I could remember what Klinks club was called.

GOT IT. Complete Control, previously teamed with another club, Control squad? They split taking part of the name and starting two clubs.
Complete Control joined with Mod Squad... I was in both, as I was in RKI, SSM, and a few others! :D to bad one of those clubs was Team SE...*Hangs head in shame*

I was the mascot for most (If not all the clubs I was in) That and I had most of the connections to get the rare stuff people needed for free to make the times they needed :mrgreen: I was the guy that got the chopped 57 Vette for SSM so they could sweep the turf wars, and towards the end I was the 'tire guy' that had every kind of tire someone needed :D lol

Rod Street
MB Janitor

Post by Rod Street » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:51 am

Nice one Flaw, I knew it was Complete Control and the other club had Squad in the title. I knew I was going mad.

Sonjeir
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Sonjeir » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:21 pm

Maybe this is kinda off topic but one thing i indeed loved about MCO, that no single player game will ever possibly be able to do was the persistant state.

I thought is was awesome I could be at home, the office or a friends house and be able to log in and have full access to my garage, parts and money.

Unless they add a upload garage option I'll never be able to just drop by a friends house for some racing unless I tote at the very least a disc with game saves on it, and the most my whole PC. :roll:

RadCap
MB Bartender

Post by RadCap » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:57 pm

I loved taking my big ol' Plum Crazy Charger for a spin around Hazard, and eating 'vettes for lunch.

How y'all doin'?

BlitzMan
MB Janitor

Post by BlitzMan » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:32 pm

I loved MCO about the whole way... from beta test untill they introduced the imports and made ya feel like it was time for a change for the worse, and MCO was no more not long after that.

If i had the $$, we WOULD have an MCO back...
i remeber racin with a lot of yas there and BSing, good ole LToid was in same club n a few others, Club 404, i remember Brian9720 kickin butt, wish it were still here to show some of my gearhead buddies now that they have computers that will run the stuff now, lol.

I always thought it would be neat for a movie to be playing at night at the drive in at skoggitts, lol.

As "T-Bird Whine" fades off into the distance......

CYas, Peace & Prayers to Hurricane affected.