Thought on reviving game

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP

Thought on reviving game

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:26 pm

I have watched, mostly from the sidelines, and have seen everything from creating a separate game to trying to buy the game code, or servers from EA. Has anyone thought about trying to get EA to lease out their servers? The game would obviously need some revisions and updating to bring it up to speed, but trying to get EA to lease the servers probably has a greater possibility than buying their game code or buying the rights to the game outright. Just a thought.

LtoidKing
Majic Bus GOD

Post by LtoidKing » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:40 pm

Unfortunately, the physical servers used by EA have been moved around and used for other applications. "leasing" the servers from them would require taking them away from other games, are simply buying new ones. Might as well pony up the several hundred thousand for your own servers and start working on writing a new game.

RadCap
MB Bartender

Post by RadCap » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:44 pm

I vote for the new game. A design document is currently in the works. More news in a bit :)

Blaise
MB Bar Patron

Post by Blaise » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:54 pm

RadCap wrote:I vote for the new game. A design document is currently in the works. More news in a bit :)
No fair teasing :(

Dietpop
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Dietpop » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:26 pm

RadCap wrote:I vote for the new game. A design document is currently in the works. More news in a bit :)
Isn't that what the Route 66 group said? :lol: :lol: :!: :mrgreen: ;-) :shock: :D

timbuc40k
MB Janitor

Post by timbuc40k » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:30 pm

Rt 66 is most likely dead due to lack of money and infighting between designers

Midtown Guy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Midtown Guy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:27 pm

timbuc40k wrote:Rt 66 is most likely dead due to lack of money and infighting between designers
I never even reserved a username :lol:

timbuc40k
MB Janitor

Post by timbuc40k » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:56 pm

to there credit they did have an idea on paper but making a game is a lot harder and most of the people with the ideas were basically thinking they could do nothing and get credit. Once Merlin left it was toast to say the least and making a board game doesn't sound like a very good idea.

Sorry to be a realest but RT 66 was a pipe dream, which by the way I hope is not true

Timbuc40k

Alex17[MXP]
MB Janitor

Post by Alex17[MXP] » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:03 am

rant mode *on*

Yeah Route 66 online was nothing, it was a major pipe dream and your right, after merlin left it was done for. the only one with any amount of ambition was an OTR driver for god sakes. Half the mod team didnt post, the dev crew was never around, and there was always a fight between one or two of the members.

now rt 66 online is being made into a gat derned RPG...wtf, an RPG.....i say burn em to the ground. They are done for, and the only reason to stay around there is to bs and hope the mod team gets enought testicular fortitude to actually do something to the trouble makers.

rant mode *off*

Alex17

RadCap
MB Bartender

Post by RadCap » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:11 pm

Like, say...

get a well thought out and polished design document together and approach someone like Codemasters with the idea?

Maybe? :)

Jasper
MB Janitor

Post by Jasper » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:42 pm

yea after merlin left everything was over

since he has left me and him have been working on a game and are so fare along anyone want to hit this :D

merlin was talking to me a wile ago about starting something up but havnt heard anything for a wile his forum is still open for bs'ing

havnt talked to most of yall for a wile

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:49 am

Hey to all of the Route66 Followers credit, We were trying to do SOMETHING.. even if it was just a pipe dream.. We were gathering Ideas.. thinking of ways we could atleast Taste a little bit of that sweet addiction alot of us took for granted. The only other racing game thats ebbed the hunger was GT4.. and mostly because of the WIDE selection of cars in the game.. othe than that I still vividly remember blasting down skoggits straight with my chargers Naturaly aspirated 440 Wide open singing all the high notes of its 550hp tune... I remember power sliding my firebird around the wide bank at belair. I remember the quick snap turn around in my boss 302 powered stang on the seedy streets of the redlight district.. I remember it all and I miss every heart pounding gear grinding second of it. There was passion in that game and in everyone who played it... God why did they rip it from us.. I would pay 20 bucks a month for that game again. IF only....

I miss my 9 second 64 Galaxie.. Casandra.

67GP
MB Janitor

Post by 67GP » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:20 am

a toast to MCO may she live on forever :mrgreen:

LtoidKing
Majic Bus GOD

Post by LtoidKing » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:38 am

For all you guys that are just posting in these "revive MCO" folders, please feel free to join us in the general discussions. Most of he rest of us have realized that what made the game great was the people, not the game itself. I'm not saying you're wasting your time here, but we're here to hang out, not to complain about the past. And yes, you can still tell everyone to STFU :-P

footstank
MB Bartender

Post by footstank » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:43 pm

Hmmmm. Mod team needs testicular fortitude? I do believe all the trouble makers have been taken care of properly. Now as far as the game itself, hey at least an effort was, and is being made. One thing that some people fail to understand is we are all out for one thing. To race again. So quit degrading people and do something.