wow.. 4 yrs ago this time

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
extremist
MB Bartender

wow.. 4 yrs ago this time

Post by extremist » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:15 pm

Four years ago around this time, my copy of MCO came in the mail.

I was looking forward to it like a little kid in a candy shop.

Just the thought of being able to race classic, vintage, muscle, etc., online scratched me where I itched.

And to be able to build from the ground up was like the cherry on top of a nice bannana split.

I miss going on late or early in the morning to find a nice deal in auction, meeting and racing a new person, or hopefully seeing a friend in MCO to have some fun.

Spending a good amount of time on tweaking my ride to break my previous (or even better, other's) times on tracks.

Never did I play a better piece of software, before ,then , and even after it ended.

I truly miss the experience and hope one day before I keel over the opportunity will arise again.
It wasn't just about racing, or playing a game - it was about people with common interests having a good time.

Sure, there are rotten apples in anything, but it was a blast.

And thanks to the devs who made it happen, regardless of the short life of it, and to their interacting with the community right up until EA ripped it's heart out.

Ex

Giddy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Giddy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:41 am

Yup. I played beta and remember checking the Future Shop every day for the game to arrive on the shelves. I liked the very early stages of MCO the most. My first car that I bought in an auction was a 64 Impala.

timbuc40k
MB Janitor

scat bayou and extremist

Post by timbuc40k » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:15 am

Man those were the days, MCO is gone, EA still producing nothing close to MCO, only crap for that looks pretty and doesn;t take any time to learn, till EA brings back MCO no EA products for me, back to World of Warcraft till something better comes along

Timbuc40k/hammered/stoner from uptown

May our fond memories of the best racing game ever never die, maybe just maybe EA will be nice and sell the code to someone just maybe till then may we all continue to dream about the Best Racing Game ever made