MCO Important Chance To Return

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
BredCooper
MB Janitor

MCO Important Chance To Return

Post by BredCooper » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:26 am

Hey,

I might be overwhelmed but a few days ago I registered on E&B which the community brought back online successfully.

Caused by curiosity I saw that MCO and E&B used the same login method to authenticate the account.I removed the Patch URL's from the registry and changed the Auth Login Server IP to the server the E&B account uses.

1. removing (or replacing with working one's) the patch URL's cause the game to complete the process with the results that there aren't updates available and allows the player to attempt the login with an EA account.

2. without an auth login server you won't receive a login ticket and it will authenticate for awhile until it says maintanance error or unable to connect to service.

E&B used and still uses the same method and because I have an existing account it authenticates my account and verified the game files, the game allows me to continue and it runs the game because I got a login ticket.

When I get to the shard login and persona creation menu, it will look for servers, of course it won't find because they are dead and using working IP's from e.g. E&B (or TSO (aka Project Dollhouse) say no servers available, probably because it's not compatible with MCO it however tried to connect but can't find the required response and such.And using any of the original shard URL's says motor city servers aren't responding, cause they are dead.

I was able to do the same on The Sims Online, passed the authentication login with this method.

Here's a video, don't be confused of the "please visit motor city website" text above looking for servers, I used the text.eng file which came with the debug, it was updated at live time resulting it's out of order for the retail mcity.exe

Video: http://vid.me/xzxP

This is an important notice, we will need the complete back up of the sunset MCO state if we wanna play the updated game once it goes online, because using the retail text.eng file with a newer version of the mcity.exe (e.g. debug or sunset .exe) will cause a crash with the error text.eng is out of sync with source code.

The E&B and TSO community could help with further steps.

Screenshots:

http://s4.postimg.org/m0e6re2nh/mct1.png
http://s14.postimg.org/o8cmyd0tb/noserv.png
http://s8.postimg.org/kjqissrhf/mcf.pnghttp://s4.postimg.org/4x6ti4wkt/mct3.png
Last edited by BredCooper on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Re: MCO Important Chance To Return

Post by ZER » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:57 am

Breed, what you still need is a complete "roadmap" of "server IP's", and oracle server 2000.

Shoot me a message.

BredCooper
MB Janitor

Post by BredCooper » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:23 am

Alright!

We need everyone we can get...MCOers where are you?? :D

EP429
Majic Bus GOD

Post by EP429 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:54 am

I had a complete install for a long time, the drive finally died some time back :banghead:
Keep us posted!

EP429
Majic Bus GOD

Post by EP429 » Fri May 01, 2015 3:08 am

I sent notice to the MCO Facebook page with a link here.

BredCooper
MB Janitor

Post by BredCooper » Fri May 01, 2015 3:51 am

Alright!

I actually know one who has the complete backup but haven't heard of him for awhile, I think he told me that when I requested a track (Hazard Hollow) as the disc version was still in development, the final has some differences, obviously cause it was officially released after the launch...tho haven't noticed differences on Industrial Flats and Goose Pointe...

I have a complete backup of the test center (as well as the installer) tho it's at version .135 , not the latest (final was .136)...

Anyone has a copy of the very first beta? It's the only one missing in the "collection".. :D

The next step for this will be hard and take time and many players...but hey E&B did it, TOS did it and Ultima Online has private server too...so there's no reason to give up...

BredCooper
MB Janitor

Post by BredCooper » Fri May 01, 2015 2:27 pm

For everyone who's reading this via Facebook, be aware we need all of you MCOers! Stay close, it's damn quiet lately and this message goes only slowly around and it's not too big, but this is a step that brings light and we need time and the people to do this...

I actually have the game like 2x new LARGE retail boxes, one originally sealed and one opened and a third disc but only jewel case with disc and art work, like new it is tho and then the second and third beta from the downloads and the prima strategy book...yepppp...yepppp...

So if you lost your disc you can buy it off ebay, there's a guy named telecommander (probably 10+ left) who sells the large retail boxes, sealed in new condition, tho depending on it can show shelf life...otherwise there still some other offers on ebay and amazon...

But you can get a download tho if you don't feel like to pay :D

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Apache » Sat May 02, 2015 11:47 am

I've fixed the sql error new users were getting, try again if you are reading this.

Treyplay
MB Janitor

Post by Treyplay » Sun May 03, 2015 12:52 pm

Hey guys, been keeping a close eye on this for quite sometime. There is a gentlemen on the facebook page Bring Back Motor City Online that claims to have the patch files from the last day. https://www.facebook.com/BringBackMCO?fref=ts

BredCooper
MB Janitor

Post by BredCooper » Sun May 03, 2015 1:33 pm

Would be cool if he could come over here and upload it and if he wants only share it private...I don't get response from BooR, I know he has it as well but haven't heard of him for awhile...

If anyone knows people that that have knowledge in programming language (like c++, c sharp and such), webserver, html, login tell em, that's the guys we need to do a thing at all.

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Apache » Sun May 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Only registered users can see or save attachments here.

BredCooper
MB Janitor

Post by BredCooper » Mon May 04, 2015 10:53 am

Ah right! forgot that! :)

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Apache » Mon May 04, 2015 11:06 am

Furthermore, anyone who needs hosting can talk to me and I'll set something up.

FullThrottleFool
MB Janitor

Post by FullThrottleFool » Thu May 21, 2015 6:40 pm

I still have the retail box and disk. But I do not have the final update of the game. I wish I had the presence of mind to have copied that crap off of the computer it was on then. I wish I could help more.

Jumper
MB Bar Patron

Post by Jumper » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:47 pm

I may still have the files from the last day. I moved recently and my file server with 6 PCs worth of saved stuff is in storage. But I'm pretty sure I saved that folder for the day where we would figure out how to make it work again. I also have the Tmp.DB files from logging into both of my personas ;).

EP429
Majic Bus GOD

Post by EP429 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:46 am

I hav nothing in the deveopmental cdepartment to contribute, however I killed a shbitload of vodka tonight :grin:
Cheers motherfuckers! I hope this shit grets mocving again!
It's been far too long since I've worried about those damn trolls :banghead:

BredCooper
MB Janitor

Post by BredCooper » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:14 am

Great! Keep it up Jumper!

It's slowed down kinda, but nowhere dropped ;) it's lookin good but we haven't got much people that know the coding and programming subject so work and other stuff can always drop in...it's just about time to see each other rollin the streets of Mo'CT.

BredCooper
MB Janitor

Post by BredCooper » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:25 pm

We had a break, but haven't given up...there are some news in a way...

DragFluid

Post by DragFluid » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:14 am

Thank you. We appreciate your efforts!

BredCooper
MB Janitor

Post by BredCooper » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:45 pm

No problem.

Worth
Administrator

Post by Worth » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:35 am

if it is important, I think I can lay my hands on my old hard drive from the MCO days. (I'm a packrat.), is that something that would help you guys out?

BredCooper
MB Janitor

Post by BredCooper » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:13 am

If you have a back up of the day the game shut down that would be sweet, I have a couple of files from it but not like the complete backup...thing is it would be important if we wanna get everything working that was added til that day...or keep what we like and get rid of what we don't :D

Anything can be useful.

The Debug for example supports everything until Update 7, so Update 6.1 or 6.3 to be exact...things like the new home screen or sports class were added after the debug.exe.

I managed to trick the game and access the ui front end and navigate thru most of the games screens and menus etc...it's not connected to the DB or Server so there's no chance to chat, create a persona, buys cars, parts etc...right now...but it's great to visit the old pages.

ZER
Majic Bus GOD

Post by ZER » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Where did the forum go?

BredCooper
MB Janitor

Post by BredCooper » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:50 am

Should be there, are you on the new one...the very new one I mean? msg me

cheesesteakus
MB Janitor

Post by cheesesteakus » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:04 pm

I don't like asking for things as a first post but are there any updates with this or can someone shoot me a link to updated files to play offline? I played a while back when the debug was first re-released so to speak lol. I really hope the community can come together and get this back to multiplayer. I played every chance I had from release to end and have yet found another game that can live up to its potential.

Thank you for any information.