Anyone!?!? Re-Creating Servers?

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
maximus04
MB Janitor

Post by maximus04 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:31 pm

right now me and tjk are waiting to talk with mrmaxx but we will wait and c,we'll post once we talk things over with mrmaxx and see what we have for you guys.

smokin22s
MB Janitor

Post by smokin22s » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:37 pm

kool thanks max for the update. GOOD LUCK

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:23 am

Hey guys. Sorry I have been working my butt off to get a rollcage built and tie up the loose ends on another program I am working on with some freinds. Umm... I haven't gotten any farther on MCO yet but I am going to track down some DB guys hopefully and see what they have to offer. I have some DB server software but I am waiting for another computer so I can install windows server 2000 so I can put SQL on it, or any other DB management stuff we would need. If we still need help by the time school starts back up I will be able to get a lot more help on the networking side of this and I will have more programmers I can talk to. Im not sure how to get around this new IP cause I dont know what its trying to do. I'm going to try a few things soon. I want to disconnect from the net and make it try to connect to my other comp rather than the net just to see what happens. But its 1:20 am i should prolly sleep for a while. Hopefully someone out there will know what this game is trying to do and can help us. I will keep you all posted on what i come up with.

Ryder620
MB Bartender

Post by Ryder620 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:40 am

Glad to see this project isnt dead... I hope you guys come out with somthing... ill help ya'll test or code or just give me somthin to do lol id love to help you... good lucks

Trkpony
MB Janitor

Post by Trkpony » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:13 pm

WOW, I can smell the burned rubber of my 65 Stang already. Keep up the good work guys.

Midtown Guy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Midtown Guy » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:37 pm

Trkpony wrote:WOW, I can smell the burned rubber of my 65 Stang already. Keep up the good work guys.
don't get your hopes up just yet

dalenott
MB Janitor

Post by dalenott » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:25 pm

Just wondering if there are updates with this topic.

smokin22s
MB Janitor

Post by smokin22s » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:46 pm

was wandering the same. hehe

Midtown Guy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Midtown Guy » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:48 am

i have a weird feeling of this not being legal, but if it does work it won't go far..

smokin22s
MB Janitor

Post by smokin22s » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:09 pm

any updates ?

tjk
MB Bar Patron

Post by tjk » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:19 pm

i gave up...i was waiting for Mr. Maxx to try his hand at it but it hasnt happened yet.

Midtown Guy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Midtown Guy » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:48 pm

tjk wrote:i gave up...i was waiting for Mr. Maxx to try his hand at it but it hasnt happened yet.
seems as if mr maxx has too

it seems like a good idea to afew people on a friday night.. when they were drunk. besides, for ea it would be like shootin fish in the bucket. they could sue you/us so fast if it works..

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Z28K » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:33 pm

Midtown Guy wrote:

it seems like a good idea to afew people on a friday night.. when they were drunk. besides, for ea it would be like shootin fish in the bucket. they could sue you/us so fast if it works..
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sonjeir
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Sonjeir » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:50 am

MrMaxx wrote:Hey guys. Sorry I have been working my butt off to get a rollcage built and tie up the loose ends on another program I am working on with some freinds. Umm... I haven't gotten any farther on MCO yet but I am going to track down some DB guys hopefully and see what they have to offer. I have some DB server software but I am waiting for another computer so I can install windows server 2000 so I can put SQL on it, or any other DB management stuff we would need. If we still need help by the time school starts back up I will be able to get a lot more help on the networking side of this and I will have more programmers I can talk to. Im not sure how to get around this new IP cause I dont know what its trying to do. I'm going to try a few things soon. I want to disconnect from the net and make it try to connect to my other comp rather than the net just to see what happens. But its 1:20 am i should prolly sleep for a while. Hopefully someone out there will know what this game is trying to do and can help us. I will keep you all posted on what i come up with.
I do know the db was Microsoft Access '97 and that the local db was just a cache of mainly personal items from the running db and is next to useless for what you guys want to do. The actual db is several gigs in size. You will definately need a complete database from the server side to get started with.

I have also heard it took no less than 3 machines to run just one shard at a cost of around $250,000. :shock:

timbuc40k
MB Janitor

Beta

Post by timbuc40k » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:19 am

http://www.3dshots.com/fullshot.php3?sc ... 202&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check this link this is the beta we need for MCO

IF any one finds this we are in business

stoner/hammered/timbuc40k from uptown

Midtown Guy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Midtown Guy » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:39 pm

i have seen that before.

i have showed it to a few people and they said it was either what they wanted mco to be or somebody had ALOT of spare time.

could be very early beta that wasn't released

Paul Ray
MB Bartender

Post by Paul Ray » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:04 pm

You'ld think Caddy or one of the other head MCO guys could give us some info on those pics and if it would be possible to get that version of beta?

Midtown Guy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Midtown Guy » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:17 pm

i think when mco ended EA tied caddys hands behide his back and pushed him out the door.

by that i mean they fired him and told him not to tell anyone any info about mco after it ended

Apache
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Apache » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:33 am

Midtown Guy wrote:i think when mco ended EA tied caddys hands behide his back and pushed him out the door.

by that i mean they fired him and told him not to tell anyone any info about mco after it ended
:roll:

Dont speak unless you know what you are talking about boy.

timbuc40k
MB Janitor

Post by timbuc40k » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:37 pm

Any chance that we can do this, or are we shafted, I miss my mco been a yr how sucky, well any way quess I will have to wait for ps 2 gta 4 or drivr 3 for pc

stoner/timbuc40k/hammered frm uptown

TMiller
MB Bartender

Post by TMiller » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:52 pm

Hi guys its me TMiller form Midtown Pacific.

I don't remember which post it was but they talked of a patch server. That patch server is still up for Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed. It was left up because of some problems between EA and the NFS Porsche Unleashed community.

I hope that the efforts to get the game to bypass everything hasn't failed.

Tim

smokin22s
MB Janitor

MCO MAYBE POSSIBLE

Post by smokin22s » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:49 pm

timbuc40k wrote:Any chance that we can do this, or are we shafted, I miss my mco been a yr how sucky, well any way quess I will have to wait for ps 2 gta 4 or drivr 3 for pc

HEY EVERYONE READ THIS POST. lOOKS LIKE THEY MAYBE ON TO SOMETHING. ! http://mcomodforums.com/invision/index. ... c=1327&hl=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dietpop
Majic Bus GOD

Re: MCO MAYBE POSSIBLE

Post by Dietpop » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:17 pm

smokin22s wrote:
timbuc40k wrote:Any chance that we can do this, or are we shafted, I miss my mco been a yr how sucky, well any way quess I will have to wait for ps 2 gta 4 or drivr 3 for pc

HEY EVERYONE READ THIS POST. lOOKS LIKE THEY MAYBE ON TO SOMETHING. ! http://mcomodforums.com/invision/index. ... c=1327&hl=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
error wrote:You do not have permission to view this board
Maybe you can copy and paste what it says?

smokin22s
MB Janitor

Re: MCO MAYBE POSSIBLE

Post by smokin22s » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:32 pm

Sodapop wrote:
smokin22s wrote:

error wrote:You do not have permission to view this board
Maybe you can copy and paste what it says?
There are 4 pages so i just caint copy what it says lol. But here is a little bit of it. (Ok guys heres what i need.

1. Aquired.
I got a players database today and it connects to oracle database. Anyone with experience in oracle ?

2. some damn good coders and problem solvers

3. had 2 people connect to my patch server and it worked somewhat. gonna need help on that.

You can contact on MSN info@pyxishost.com just about anytime

I made a succesful patch today with the patcher. Didnt patch anything as i didnt have anything to patch. But it shows i am making strides )

foodstamp
MB Janitor

Post by foodstamp » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:18 pm

Well unfortunately this project is at a stand still till we can get a person who knows how to script and one more person for oracle. :cry: