NFSU 2, what does everyone think??

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP

NFSU 2, what does everyone think??

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:01 pm

I just watched a trailer for it and it actually looks pretty cool. But yes, it's still just a bunch of stupid imports. It is no match for what MCO had. I tried the first NFSU and im sure i'll get sucked into buying part 2 just so i can race cars. But it will probably flop like the first one did and i will have wasted my money. I just wanted to hear what all us true muscle car addicts had to say about it. Peace.......

Ripper
Administrator

Post by Ripper » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:16 pm

I thought NFS:U was an ok game, from what they are promising NFS:U2 is going to be much better and I will most like buy it. In fact I can pretty much promise I will be playing it when it's released.

Now since it's EA and their track record of late I do not expect it to live up to it's hype, but I own every version of NFS since the very first one for the PC.

Sonjeir
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Sonjeir » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:18 pm

As much as we hated NFSU did you kow it was like the #3 top selling game of 2003?

Over 2 million copies sold I believe.

None-the-less I ashamedly admit I will buy it and give it a chance, although I am waiting a month or 2 (if I can) for the price to drop.

I'm more looking forward to Juiced than NFSU2 though.

RVD
MB Bartender

Post by RVD » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:27 am

Hey Sonjeir, What is this "Juiced" you speak of??

SoliTear
MB Janitor

Post by SoliTear » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:58 am

i am not sure if juiced will live up to the expectations. i don't think the game has the depth people in MCO are believing it might. the financial problems of Acclaim lead me to believe the game will be very rough around the edges and won't be that good. the first demo, not the current one. was ok, but i believe the game is more like NFSU than people would like. i am enjoying NFSU, the challenge of the tracks is good. the customization is trivial. i don't expect anything like MCO. i never do infact.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:41 pm

im gonna buy it for my PS2. i have enough crap for the computer, and too little crap for the PS2

Sonjeir
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Sonjeir » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:15 am

SoliTear wrote:i am not sure if juiced will live up to the expectations. i don't think the game has the depth people in MCO are believing it might. the financial problems of Acclaim lead me to believe the game will be very rough around the edges and won't be that good. the first demo, not the current one. was ok, but i believe the game is more like NFSU than people would like. i am enjoying NFSU, the challenge of the tracks is good. the customization is trivial. i don't expect anything like MCO. i never do infact.
I whole-heartedly agree, I don't think Juiced will be anything like MCO either, basically a NFSU clone.

The reason I am looking forward to it mainly is full damage models, replays.

The new demo is much better than the previous in the respect that you can now set up a controller, however I cannot get any sound from the game even in software mode. I have sound from it during the splash screens, but not once the game starts. :cry:

Here's the advertised features from the web page:
FEATURES:

Juiced gives you the opportunity to go from artist to overdrive and test your mettle online in one of the best head-to-head racing experiences ever brought to the next-generation platforms.

Juiced is all about the car. Style comes in a close second to speed, and Juiced offers trillions of real-time modding combinations that empower players to create their ultimate personality-infused street machines. Go up against the trash-talking, nitrous- burning faithful who want to strip everyone of their cash, cars and pride.

Juiced lets players connect with their community and share the high-octane action by recruiting drivers to become part of their crew and race together as a team to put the brakes on the competition.

• More than 40 licensed vehicles, including domestic and imported models.

• Hundreds of authentic aftermarket parts from leading manufacturers that provide players with trillions of personalized vehicle customization combinations.

• Progressive, non-linear gameplay that enables players to build their characters and cars, and gain respect and notoriety by winning races and cash.

• Unique blending of simulation and the high-octane appeal of arcade-style racing.

• Ability to build custom racing crews that work together as a team to win races.

• Authentic car physics and damage.

• Online head-to-head play on all platforms.
and the site itself:

http://www.juicedthegame.com/us/index.html

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:43 pm

I bought the first NFSU and did finish the game, and even had some fun with it, but it was miles away from MCO... and the online play for NFSU was a joke. I will pick up NFSU2 just to race a little... but Im sure it will have the same let downs the first one did...

The thing I hated about the first one, and maybe they fixed it... I dont know, was that you couldnt save the game at one point and go back to that point. You were forced through the story line (a weak ass storyline that is) and could not go back... so what was the point of the save game?

Z28K
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Z28K » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:59 pm

Sonjeir wrote: Over 2 million copies sold I believe.
They have sold over 5 million copies of NFSU. :?

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.-April 23, 2004 - Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced the development of Need For Speed™ Underground 2 under the EA GAMES™ brand. Need for Speed Underground 2 is the sequel to Need for Speed™ Underground, which has sold more than five million copies worldwide since its release in November 2003.

Need for Speed Underground 2 will challenge gamers to immerse themselves in the tuner culture, exploring an expansive, free-roaming city divided into five distinct neighborhoods. Gamers will encounter rival racers who will initiate events, tip players off to the hottest racing spots, and show them where to buy the most sought-after licensed aftermarket upgrades.

The game will feature new game modes, deep new performance customization and tuning, and more than 30 licensed cars. The game also delivers twice the visual customization upgrades as the original game, providing a staggering 70 billion possible car combinations for total automotive self-expression.

Need for Speed Underground 2 is currently under development by EA Canada and is scheduled for release in fall 2004 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, PC, and Game Boy® Advance. This game has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

OTTOBON
MB Bartender

Post by OTTOBON » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:44 pm

ok, for any american car fans, this time around you can own a 2005 Mustang, ill qeuss its a GT but ive only seen it so i dont know what model, either way atleast you guys got a choice

im expexting it to be natraully better, a open city sounds nice, and the fact you can tune specific parts of the car, should be better, i just hope online play is atleast twice as satisfying, last time it was kinda a joke, although defenetly not they worst online play ive ever expereinced, try 4x4 evo ii, community in shambles, unbalanced cars, tons of trolls on the tracks to run into, god it was aweful hehe

Gizmo1
MB Bar Patron

Post by Gizmo1 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:42 am

Like Rip, I own all the NFS titles. So I will buy it, but I'll probably only play it for a short time, because if it's like the first one, I'll lose interest quite quickly.

I'm really looking forward to the release of GTR though.

Blaise
MB Bar Patron

Post by Blaise » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:06 am

I'm buying it. I haven't played a racing game since MCO died. And I'm a big fan of the arcade style.

ernieedog
MB Janitor

Post by ernieedog » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:15 pm

The new gto is in the game also. Hers the official car list http://www.nfsunlimited.net/#3563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;