A proper Skoggit County U-Turn

Died: August 29th, 2003.......... RIP
St_Nick
MB Senior Member
Location: Just south of DC in Alexandria, VA. No really, its literally the opposite bank of the Potomac.

A proper Skoggit County U-Turn

Post by St_Nick » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:23 pm

I knew I still had it somewhere:
http://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~mes3/COOL.GIF

I can't remember who was driving the Caddy behind me.

LtoidKing
Majic Bus GOD

Post by LtoidKing » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:06 pm

LOL, I HATED that shoulder on deadman's curve!

Great .gif there nick!

Midtown Guy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Midtown Guy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:38 pm

I got pertty good at that curve at skoggit (or dead mans run, both had it) I had the best skoggit setup for a Z-28, I got my Z-28 with 0 miles and put that setup on it. the first race I did with it was at skoggit. I did great. only thing i hit was the stop sign and got $10 of damage. that race was with John Perry, I toasted him.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:36 pm

they didn't call it deadman's curve for nothing :lol:

Liberal Boy
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Liberal Boy » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:20 pm

Damn I can't remember how many times I did that...I finally discovered for Dead Mans that you could clutch into the turn and do a full lock turn and midway through the corner left off the clutch. The sudden power application would(if you ran a locker and traction bars or stiff springs) plant the back end and launch it hard into the straight away. The alternate way was to tackle it like any hairpin, wide in narrow out and hard on the gas...

Dietpop
Majic Bus GOD

Post by Dietpop » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:19 am

I always took the shortcut by the house. Slammed on the brakes coming off that last little hill and slid into the driveway of the house. Barreled down to the turn around, smooth turn and away I was. Top ten at Dead man's baby! All in my 49!

I loved when the trucks came out. I would have that old Chevy running pretty good. Taking down Firechickens and Mustmaros along the way. :lol: :mrgreen: